Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Meet.

So I have read lots of blogs now who have shared their stories. And by stories I mean love stories of how they met, fell in love, and married their husbands. I can't wait to share our story with you!

I started this blog after we got married but I feel like Our Story...the story before we became Mr. And Mrs. is also vitally important to document.

Steve is my best friend. I love him so much. And I have such fond memories of how we met and our dating experience together. Seriously I probably think about it once a day because I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. It sounds so cliche but it's true, I married my best friend.

n875485102_5022607_1550

I was a freshman and believe it or not TOO mature for my own good, but actually it's a good thing I was or else I would never have even considered dating a 24 year old from Chicago. Yes I was already ready to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. Unlike most girls, I didn't have this huge desire to date a ton of people and party it up. I just didn't see the point. If I was going to start dating someone, I wanted it to be fun, but if at any point I didn't see it going anywhere (and by anywhere I mean marriage) then that would have been the end of it. Sometimes this sounds so boring...haha. Thankfully Heavenly Father stepped in and gave me the best of both worlds. Steve found me pretty quickly but our courtship was fairly long so I was able to enjoy a fun college life! And really, what's more fun than spending your time with the best guy in the world?

 Homecoming football game. I went with my fabulous roommates and it was a blast. Our football team was absolutely terrible but we won that game!! One of my adorable roommates and besties, Kelly had a crush on this guy. Steve happened to be his roommate. It was halftime, which in college means time to find cute boys and flirt. She spotted her crush,wanted to say hi, and I acted as a wingman and tagged along. That was when I met this great guy named Steve. Oh how that one seemingly insignificant moment would change my life. When I look back I remember thinking "he is such a great guy." that was it though. No flying sparks, no lightning bolt from the sky. Just a good first impression. That first impression was everything.
Homecoming

First words out of his mouth "you didn't come to my dinner!" knowing Steve he probably had a finger pointed at me with a sarcastic grin on his face while pretending to be shocked, hurt, and offended. Sometimes Steve is hard to read. Many people take him too seriously or don't get his sarcasm....but even from the beginning I got him. His house full of guys had invited us over for dinner one Sunday but I had bronchitis and was in bed coughing up a lung. This cough went on for months. In fact, I still had the cough for the first few months we dated. Real attractive right?

I smiled, laughed, apologized and explained. And sweet Steven said, "Are you feeling better now?" And I remember thinking how sincere he was. I think about this statement now and it explains so much about this wonderful man. He is always concerned for others. Always so considerate. Love that.

That was it. Just a short meeting and then back to our seats for the rest of the game. I don't think I thought about Steve again that night. Had someone asked me about him I would have said...oh he seems way cool. And really That first impression was the building block of the rest of our story.

Sometimes I think Steve's side of the story is far better. He was much more intrigued after our first meeting, but this is my story.  I'll add bits of his in here and there though. To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!!!!

Kelly Jean said...

I love this story :) :) I love that I was there when you met your hub! You two are so perfect for each other!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...