Somethings you just need to know about the Q.
1. Chile... Red or Green, doesn't matter
2. Balloon Fiesta!
Let's talk about number 2. I've known about it since I've moved here, probably before because there are pictures of the Blake's Lotaburger Hot Air Balloon in his house. I've always known that the Fiesta really was a big deal but I had NO IDEA how cool it really would be! Words do not even describe.. it was simply UNDESCRIBABLE.
FUN FACTS:
- The Balloon Fiesta started in 1972
- The First Ballon Fiesta had 13 Balloons fly.
- The Largest Balloon Fiesta had 1,019 Balloons Fly. This was in 2000.
- After 2000 they decided "quality over quantity"
- This year the Balloon count was just over 500.
- The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is the LARGEST hot air balloon event in the world!!
- The Festival is a 9-Day Event.
There are different events... but today we saw the Special Shape Rodeo. This is where you get to see all different shapes and sizes of balloons. Who knew that a Hot air Balloon could look like Uncle Sam? Pretty neat! Honestly, it is something everyone should experience. ALL THESE BALLOONS FLYING IN THE AIR OVER YOUR HEAD! Every which way you look you see 100 + Balloons in the sky...which is why a picture really doesn't do it justice but I will show you some of my favorites anyway!!
The Dawn Patrol.. They go up first to check out wind conditions and landing sites etc..
Okay now just some really pretty balloons!
Now you all have a WONDERFUL reason to come visit us here in the Q next october... put it on your calendars..trust me, you don't want to miss it! (Plus.. we will have a cute little baby girl to show off!)
5 comments:
yup! plese book a room in your house for me next october. i've always wanted to go!
and i'll hitch a ride/plane with brynne. we've done the st. george kite festival but i have a feeling this is cooler.
Definitely the best time to have people in town--such a fun time in the Q! Missing you!
Awww you're making me miss home! I grew up there ya know? It's awesome to see pictures!
Ohhhh, I never even KNEW such a thing existed! It's definitely on my do-before-I-die list now!!! That's AMAZING!!!!!!
Post a Comment