We have a new addition to our family- and NO i'm NOT pregnant. Our newest member is a bike- my bike- and I'm thrilled. I haven't owned my own bike since I was in High school and living in New Jersey. Um... That was like 8 years ago. I love bikes so this is a happy day.
Steve is a huge biker and so when we made a purchase for a bike it was not cheap. Don't ask me how much, I don't want to talk about it. But I know that I will have this bike for many years to come and that she is sturdy and wont fall apart on me. Yes, I just called my bike a she. Just keepin it real folks. What really drove me to make this purchase was the fact that Olivia and Steve kept going on bike rides together. Summer time is coming and I really don't want to miss out on lots and lots of memories. Memories are gold in my book- so I took the plunge and I haven't looked back yet! (enough of the cliches already!)
 |
| She's a 29er and I love her. |
Two thursdays ago we enjoyed a wonderful day off together. We ate yummy food at a hole in the wall (my favorite) and then went to look at bikes. We purchased mine the next day. Olivia can't wait to get on a bike for herself, unfortunately she is quite petite so may have to wait a while before a bike actually fits her. In the meantime we will pull her in the buggie.
 |
| Girl loves a good Grilled Cheese |
Last Thursday we took full advantage of our day off and went on a 23 mile bike ride. I was exhausted by the end, but it was so much fun! I Love biking! Olivia did great and we stopped halfway so that she could get out and run around. She loved the ducks and the geese and had no fear. I hate geese and they can be quite vicious so I was a little worried when she went so close to them. Have you ever seen one of them run? They CHARGE! Scary- but she loved them.
 |
| I love that smile behind the binki |
 |
| Isn't he so cool looking? |
On Friday (our date night) Steve and I went on a bike ride just the two of us. It was fun- but a lot of work. My body feels great though. It needs the exercise so very badly. This time we went off roading! :) We went down some arroyo's and it was so much fun. I can't wait until I feel more confident on my bike so that we can do some actual mountain biking. I need more time until that though. Have to work my way up.
Just lovin' my bike right now. OH yeah.. and these two:)
2 comments:
I got a bike this week too! :) It's not a 29er, but I figured we will see how this year goes with my bike and I may upgrade in the future! How fun! Devin got one too we just have been unable to ride due to lingering snow. But it's such a fun thing!
"They CHARGE!" - hahaha :) love that visual ;)
YAY!!! CONGRATS on the new bike!!! AHHH! SOOO EXCITING!!!!!! :) :) :) Biking is definitely my favorite way to exercise! WOOHOO!!! :)
Post a Comment