After having a baby...I felt like BLAH! haha mostly because of my wardrobe. After giving birth to Miss Olivia I was so excited to wear my clothes again. I got so sick of wearing the same 5 maternity shirts and the same pair of pants day in and day out.
But then something happened...I realized that my wardrobe was boring. Real boring. I am embarassed to say that I still own articles of clothing from middle school. I can't believe I just posted that here. Anyway, I needed an update. Luckily, Whitney came out to visit and we went shopping. We picked out some great and way cute clothes but then the problem continued. I ONLY wore those clothes and I wore them the SAME way every time. Enter Mrs. BORING again. So I decided to have a little fun. I decided to go for the 30 for 30 challenge.
Yes I know, I'm a little slow on jumping on this bandwagon. I've read about it for months on other people's blogs but never really took the time to find out exactly what it consisted of. Well, I finally did it and it has been awesome. Not only could I use my new clothes to come up with something exciting as well but I didn't have to waste my entire wardrobe either. I could be creative!
Not every outfit has been my favorite but I like each one of them for different reasons. I've learned how to expand my style a bit. I found myself putting on things and in my head saying "there is NO WAY this will look good together," but once it was on I was happily suprised by the outcome! In no way are my pictures professional looking. I have a 4 month old little girl who requires a lot of my time so we don't have a whole lot of time to get out and take pictures in a scenic area...my photos are in my apartment and some of them I had to use the self timer. But it's not the photos...its the outfits we are focusing on here!
Here are my first 5 outfits. I'll probably post 5 outfits a week...just to build up the suspense! (ok the real reason is that there are days where I don't do the 30 for 30 challenge because I am lazy...and I may or may not stay in my pajamas or just throw on a pair of jeans..whoops, so sue me.)
NUMBER 1:





11 comments:
All of them are super cute, but I love number 2 the most. So cute! I love dark stripes with bold colored solids. And the maroon shoes are perfect with it!
My favorite is outfit number 2. It's so cute and I love how you used the maroon watch to bring in the maroon shoes! I love putting on a pair of shoes that don't match my outfit. So cute!
Go you for doing it! I couldn't commit to the full month. Too much work, but I am way more conscience of what things I can pair with other things, but it gets harder when it's hot and all i want are shorts and t shirt.
I think I have that same white skirt from the Gap! You looked very stylish (and skinny) at Stake Conference, so that may be my favorite-come help me with my closet!!
So cute, Lar!! And it sounds like we shop at the same places ;) I love #2 - the colors, the layers, the hair... love it :)
Lauren, has it really been that long since I've checked your blog?! Little Olivia has just grown up so much! And you, my lady, have always had style, but it is a fun challenge!
yep yep #2 is my fave! and that blue gap button up shirt is nice too. good job to you for doing the challenge! i would struggle too much haha
Number 4 is my FAVORITE! Look at you Lauren! First of all, I'm glad to hear that you're getting good use out of those Target clothes - that pink sweater is so cute. SO adorable with the gray shorts. I love it. I am loving everything that is happening here. Love you so much!
Lookin good, lady! I like numero 2. Love, love the cardigan and stripes. Super fun! Keep going, so I can be inspired!
Such a good idea-I definately need to try this out! I LOVE outfits number 2 and 4. Adore them! I'm a huge cardagin fan. You look AWESOME for having a baby as well! Keep it up Lauren!
Lauren you look amazing! I love all the outfits. I can't wait to see more (:
Post a Comment