Monday, April 11, 2011

giveaway winner! + Life after a baby.

Congratulations to BROOKE who gets a FREE Arbonne Makeup Primer!! Brooke, just email me your address please! :)

Before you have kids people will constantly tell you that your life will never be the same afterwards. I hate how negative everyone always makes it sound. It was the same when I was about to get married and people use to always say to me "The first year of marriage is the hardest." what a terrible thing to say to someone who is so EXCITED to get married, same with having a baby.

I thought the first year of marriage was a complete adventure. Even the hard times were wonderful because we grew so close to one another. You will never hear me say this to anyone because I believe that the first year of marriage is unique and completely special.

My life after having a baby is definitely different. Yes my life will never be quite the same, and I am SO GLAD! I was contemplating a few things that have changed now that sweet Olivia has graced us with her presence.

1. I don't ever have to wake up to an alarm clock. I absolutely HATE the sound of an alarm clock. You are sleeping so nicely and then this obnoxious and LOUD beeping noise goes off. Isn't that the worst feeling? UGH, instead I get to wake up to this:
IMG_5853
2. I am learning to love the mornings! I have no choice but to get up earlier in the morning. And seriously, no seriously, I really am learning to love it. I love the feeling of cuddling up to my baby girl as the sun starts to peek over the mountains and through my closed blinds. I love that it is 9-am my scriptures are read, i've eaten my daily bowl of cereal, my apartment is clean, I'm ready for the day, and the baby is down for a nap. I still have the WHOLE day ahead of me.

3. I'm pretty sure my arms are stronger than they have ever been...carrying around a car seat is work, whew! And let me tell you, Olivia is no light feather. Consequently, I'm pretty sure my back will never be the same...

4. I actually get out of the house MORE than I did before. I know this sounds crazy, because it really is a lot of work to get out of the house with a baby BUT she motivates me to get MORE done and that is such a blessing for me.  LAZY is my middle name, but I'm workin on it!

5. She also motivates me to exercise more. We take a nice walk most days. I know its not a HUGE workout but pushing a stroller up hill is more work than you would think. It's better than sitting on the couch right?
IMG_5870
Steve took this photo...isn't it beautiful? 
Now these are all positive things but I would be lying if there wasn't SOME things that are harder now. For example:

1. Even though I am learning to love the mornings it would be nice to sleep in ONE day out of the week. Can't have it both ways can I?

2. Grocery shopping is a chore and I usually just wait until Steve gets home so he can watch the babe, but then the problem is that I'm so tired by that time of the day that I don't end up going...yeah you should see our fridge right now, it's empty...

3. The apartment never stays clean for long, and this drives.me.nuts. But i'll survive.

Because I am so in love with mommy-hood. There is no better job in the world.

IMG_5825

4 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe i should have a baby so i'm not lazy! it is worth thinking about..

Meggara said...

annnnd maybe that post above me was really me? guess my roommate was using my computer hahah

Kelly Jean said...

Ahhh :) Love it. Can't wait to experience that!! :)

Alyse said...

Thank you for posting this, girl! I feel like a lot of people make it seem a little gloom & doom. It's refreshing to hear some positive light shed on the subject :) You're great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...