Monday, March 28, 2011

Italian

I wish I was Italian. Seriously I do. Not only do they have such a wonderful culture filled with so much history, and BIG HUGE families (everyone seems to be an aunt or an uncle or cousin), but they have the most AMAZING FOOD!

It's always been my dream to go to Italy. Sure there are so many wonderful and historic places to see and do there but that's not really the reason I've always wanted to go. I want to go because of the feel of it, ya know? Doesn't Italy just sound so romantic? And my number one reason for wanting to go there...the FOOD!

Steve and I love food. I love to cook food, which is fortunate for him! Lately we have been watching "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain. He is on the travel channel but since we don't have TV we simply Youtube it up around here. Hallelujah for YouTube. So go here and watch this one. Amazing! In this episodes he eats a pasta called Cacio E Pepe. Well... I made it the other night and it was....delish!

I watched how they made it on the show, found a recipe on the internet, and then made sure to make it like they did on the show. It is a different type of a pasta, more of a dry pasta, but very good. The one thing I didn't have was a parmesan crusted bowl like they did in the episode...that would have just been divine! Now I'm sure if I have extremely "fresh" ingredients like they do in Italy it would have been to die for.

You should all make it....and enjoy the delicousness and italianess of it all! What's your favorite Italian dish to eat? to make?

P.S. if you still read my blog would you please leave a comment...otherwise I might have to rethink this whole Private blog thing...

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Laur you would LOVE Italy. My favorite Italian foods: gelato (the real Italian kind), blood oranges, and real Margherita pizza. Soo yummy. As for your pasta dish, looks divine! (PS I love how the three Italian foods that are my fav are the least fancy of Italian foods you can probably get!)

Kelly Jean said...

Mmm - that looks SO TASTY!!! You've always been such a great chef. I need to take lessons from you :) I'm excited for you to go to Italy one day!!!! :) :)

And, haha, I know - sometimes it sucks when people don't leave comments. Not that it really matters, but it's just nice to read 'em :) Sorry if I leave too many...

brittanydaw said...

yes, looks good.
Sorry babe, you are in the same boat as me. Once I went private I stopped getting comments. I don't know if people just don't read it or don't comment. But then I changed to public, and it didn't make a difference. :( But, I always read your blog! (and that is what is important...) :)

Kasi French said...

Can we live near one another and once a month you can be in charge of 'feeding Marsha'? Dave and Kirsten have a night, my co-workers have a night ect. ect. ect. I think I'd like the Rules to have a night ~ not only do I miss your company but I think I'd very much enjoy the food!! Oh, not to mention meeting that sweet little one! COME TO UT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...