Later that afternoon we drove into the beautiful city of Chicago!! Oh I love being in the city and would love it if we ended up living there for a year or two. It is so exciting! We went to this Argentine Steakhouse that Steve always talks about called "Tango Sur" We got this dish that is steak with all these amazing seasonings on it and it comes out on the grill. Words can not describe how delicious this was!!!
The best part about this restaurant was the atmosphere. We ate outside right on the corner of this very happening street. it was perfect weather and the perfect place to people watch. Tons of people walked by with their kids and dogs. People were sitting on their porches of their beautiful apartments in this part of the city. This part of the city is called Wrigleyville because it is right by Wrigley Stadium where the Chicago Cubs play. I absolutely LOVED IT!
After dinner we drove more into the city and walked around everywhere! We walked by all the fancy luxury apartment skyrises that we would love to live in if we were filthy rich, hehe! Chicago has this really nice River Walk as well that we sat at and watched the boats go by. It was so nice to just be with one another and relax!
Next we went on the Wendella Boats on the River and then onto the Lake where we watched the First Fireworks of the Season go Off. They were beautiful, the Frank Sinatra Music that they played was beautiful! We had such a blast in the city, and such a perfect Anniversary! ONe year down, eternity to go! YAY!!!
6 comments:
How fun! You two are adorable and it's so exciting that you've been married a year. Chicago would be such an adventure! Looks like you guys are having a good time.
Thats sooo awesome!
happy anniversary and glad it was such a great day! love that you're a city girl right now. i loooved being in the city too but don't think i could do it for a life time. one or two years sounds good to me too :)
Sounds like the perfect Anniversary for you guys!! I want to come visit you!! Chicago's sounding more and more appealing. I hope you live in the city too! That'd be so much FUN!!!
I can't believe it's been a year! Congrats you guys! Chicago life sure seems like a blast!
I'm so jealous, I love Chicago!! And I love eating at street cafes in the city! That is one of my favorite scenes to paint. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment