Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Home Evening

Last night Steve and I spent a wonderful evening together. I made dinner...which was spicy Chicken Kabobs, minus the actual kabob part ( I didn't have the kabob sticks but the taste is the same, so I figured it was okay hehe!) After dinner, Steve and I did the dishes together. I have a wonderful husband who always helps me do the dishes! Then we had our lesson, given by me, about Prayer.

Prayer is so important and I think many of us forget that a lot. We have the opportunity and privilege to pray to our Heavenly Father, and so many times we take that for granted. We read so many wonderful stories our of the scriptures about prayer and the impact prayer has in our lives in SO MANY WAYS!!! After our lesson I was reading my scriptures and I found another amazing scripture on prayer.... 2Nephi 4:24..."And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high and angels came down and ministered unto me." .....I just love that scripture....

After our lesson, we watched the movie "I Spy" with Owen Wilson......like most movies, it has its parts, but it really is a funny movie! I bought it for Steve for Christmas because it is one of our favorites!!!

I just love Family Home Evening!!!! YAY!!!

2 comments:

Kasi French said...

One day when I grow up I hope to be like the Rules, both old and young. You guys are great! Love you.

Dustin said...

I love that movie! When I get that feelin'...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...