Wednesday, July 11, 2012

the joy of sickness.

We've had our share of sickness in this household the last couple of months. We just recently had the stomach flu while on vacation and a few months back Liv brought a bug home. She got it first and I got it next (and much worse), but luckily Steve never caught it.

There is something special about a sick child. It is so pathetically cute. It's sad and I worry because I hate to see my little one suffer- but there is something about a sick child that brings out the best in a mother, atleast in me. My nurturing skills are magnified and my capability to love is even greater (if that's even possible) than on any regular day.

When your baby is sick you have every right to drop every single thing and focus solely on their needs. It's a blessing really. With no other distractions in the way, I am able to focus solely on my bean. I am able to spend the best time with her.

We cuddled, we sang songs, we watched who knows how many disney movies. We checked her fever many times and waited for the fever of 102 to pass. She was so sad and mostly just slept while i held her close and rubbed her head. It was so tender. My poor girl.

And then a few days passed and we were back to our happy self. After spending a few days doing nothing fun we knew we needed a remedy......a really really good one:


She loved it as you can tell! (so grateful for my glass table!) Loved the time spent with my sick girl, but so happy she is better! LOVE HER!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...