Friday, May 18, 2012

Being a Mommy

 Let me just say that Mother's day started out wonderfully. I slept in until 8! YAHOO! Steve got up with Olivia and I didn't hear a thing from them. Then, being the wonderful husband that he is, Steve made me breakfast while I cuddled with my girl on the couch. Breakfast was delicious- so was the cuddling. The rest of the day was just as blissful.

I love being a mom. Let me repeat. I love being a mom. Every day feels incredibly fulfilling- even if the laundry doesn't get folded and put away (come on- I'm not the only one right?), the dishes don't get all done before I got to bed, and my house is in total disarray I STILL fill fulfilled because I know I did all that I could to be the best mommy I could be. It's such an important job and I love doing it.

That isn't to say there aren't days when I'm exhausted and at my wits end- but I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have had a wonderful example of a mother in my life. She is seriously the greatest woman I have ever known hands down. When we were in Disneyland a couple of months ago my brother asked my mom something along these lines "Do you miss having young kids mom?" And she responded "Oh Yes, it was a lot of work but the best time of my life was raising my children." After she answered it literally brought tears into my eyes- Because I knew. I knew that what she said was true. I knew that one day my heart would ache when the raising would be over. Although they would always need me it will be different some day. I know that this is the happiest and most joyful time of my life and I will embrace it and enjoy every single bit of it.

I'm grateful to be a mommy. Grateful to be Olivia's mommy. Grateful for all the mommys out there who make this world a better place. Seriously- where would be be without them?

Liv- I love you so much. One day when you're a mommy- maybe you'll understand. maybe;) Love you to the moon and back dear one- thanks for blessing my life in an indescribable way. MUAH! 

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

I love this post, Lar! It makes me even more excited to join that world! You are such a good mama to Olivia -- what a blessing for her & for you [and Steve ;)]! Glad you had such a great Mother's Day!! XO!

Bridget said...

Beautiful post! It's all so true! :)

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

What a sweet post! I agree-being a mommy ROCKS! It deffinately has challenges-but it's all so worth it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...