Friday, October 7, 2011

Beam of Light.

The other day Olivia and I were enjoying a beautiful fall morning. It was one of those mornings that just screamed at you to be outside. The leaves were gorgeously yellow, orange and green. There was a slight breeze in the air that made it feel like fall as well as look it. So off for a walk we went.

We ran into a fellow walker not long after we had been out. She looked at my little one and with all sincerity she could muster she said, "Oh what a beam of light!" She continued to get down on Olivia's level, looked her in the eyes and said, again with such sincerity, "It is such a pleasure to meet you." It was her sincerity that really hit me. She felt so special to have run into my little one that day. Lastly she looked at Olivia again as she walked away and said "Thank you." and then she was gone.

It made my entire day. Olivia is my little beam of light. I say little only because of her size but in reality the light she carries with her is not little in any means. And I'm not saying that Olivia is the only little beam of light out there. No, all little ones are. They fill their mama's lives with light as well as everyone they come in contact with. It's really such a special gift. They are pure, innocent, perfect.
I don't even know what she was smiling at. hehe

Much later in the day we came across the same lady again. A woman I'd never before seen in my entire life. Turns out she lives in my apartment complex. She looked at Olivia and said "Oh she is just a happy happy one." and I responded "yes, why wouldn't she be?!" and the woman smiled and said "she could teach us a thing or two."

She could teach us a thing or two. Yes, yes she could. And does. I'm so grateful for my little beam of light. Grateful for what she teaches me. Grateful to be her momma. Grateful for all the little beams of light in the world.

She also happens to be my beam of silliness as well. Grateful for that too!
Her hair is out of control and I love it. 

Happy Friday friends!

4 comments:

brynne frei said...

I can't get over her dark head of hair and pretty pretty blue eyes!

Kelly Jean said...

Ditto to Brynne's comment! And what a sweet compliment the fellow walker gave her! Such truth.

Meggara said...

i need to meet that little beam of light the next time you come or i might explode!

Meggara said...

yes. explode.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...