ANOTHER real simple recipe that was so delicious! Seriously I was in heaven. And it was so incredibly healthy as well! The recipe actually asks for tofu but I can't stand the texture so I didn't add it and I am not going to add it to this recipe (sorry) but just know that you can add it if you would like (yuck!)

The great thing about this recipe was how many fresh vegetables you use. The colors alone were beautiful and the taste was magnificent. I hope you like this one!
what you will need:
1- 8 ounce package rice noodles
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 T. canola oil
2 carrots, cut into thin strips (I just used a vegetable grater)
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 T grated fresh ginger
2 cups ban sprouts
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs.
Directions:
1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain ad return them to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, bell pepper, and ginger and cook, tossing frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
4. Add half the soy sauce mixture to the noodles and cook over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the noodles to a platter. Top with the carrot mixture, scallions, peanuts, cilantro, and the remaining soy sauce mixture!
ENJOY!!


1 comment:
yum yum yum
Post a Comment