Monday, May 23, 2011

3 years, 3 wonderful years.

Okay so I've been out of town which is why I haven't written anything in what seems like forever! I have posts coming soon about my vacay as well as a billion other posts. Eventually they will all make it on the ol' blog, promise.

But today, today is a wonderful day. 3 years ago today I married my sweetie. 3 wonderful years.
IMG_3837
I know this is kind of a silly photo but it is my favorite wedding photo that we have because it is just so "us". 

I still remember my wedding day like it was yesterday. Waking up and thinking to myself "I can't believe that today is actually happening." Reality was starting to sink in and it was so exciting. I remember waking up and talking to Annalee about how I couldn't believe it was actually happening! The morning was spent in business mode. Making sure I had everything I needed. Dress, documents, ring, etc...
IMG_3767

My mom took me to get my hair done. It turned out perfect. Exactly what I wanted. It was a fancy up do but it didn't make me look like a different person. Everyone wants to look and feel perfect on their wedding day and I did. I felt so ready. Soon my nerves starting kicking in.

I wasn't getting cold feet or anything...just anxious nervous. Anxious because this was the biggest day of my life, I was getting married to the man I loved for time and all eternity. HUGE DAY...so yes the nerves were definitely there and I loved every minute of it. I remember driving the the temple with my parents. (SO glad that my parents are on time kind of people) and just thinking that the drive couldn't go fast enough.

I was nervous but the minute we walked into the temple I saw Steve, and every nervous bone in my body turned to absolute joy. I still remember him smiling at me, telling me I looked beautiful (I wasn't in my dress yet of course) and everything felt so incredibly right. The nerves were officially gone.
IMG_3780 copy

The ceremony was by far the best part of the day. It was small and I liked that. The people in the room were faces that I loved, faces of people who helped me reach this important time in my life. I cried through the ceremony of course (I know, SHOCKER!). I couldn't help but cry. I was filled with such incredibly joy that it could not be contained. I watched as all of my siblings cried as well. The spirit was so strong in the temple and the significance of what had just happened was...monumental. An eternal Marriage. I love Steven so much and the thought of being separated from him after death seems cruel. God has a beautiful plan, a loving plan for us, a plan where we can be sealed together for forever. Gives me chills when I really think about how beautiful His plan really is.
IMG_3830
I remember the look on Steve's face when he saw me in my dress. Priceless. It is a face I will never forget. A face I will always treasure.

The rest of the day was pure bliss. I remember feeling like I was floating and everyone told us that we were absolutely glowing. I felt that glow. It was the happiest day.

A perfect day. But it was only the beginning. The beginning of these 3 wonderful years together. We have learned so much in these three years. We have been together through deaths in the families, we have celebrated wonderful occasions, traveled to so many fun places, made new friends, lived apart for 4 months, graduated college, moved to 2 different places, endured trials together, had a sweet Angel baby girl, and learned to love each other even more than that blessed day. I never thought you could love someone more...but I think I love Steve a little more each and every day.
IMG_3733

I love you Steven. Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Absolutely love this, Lauren! That was a BEAUTIFUL day! It was so YOU - classy, elegant, beautiful, and personable. I love that you & Steve found each other, because you two just fit each other perfectly! Hope your day is perfect! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love it :) and... if I remember correctly (as I'm sure Cameron does too) you quite literally ran around the house yelling "I'm getting married! I'm getting married!" hehehe I loved that day Laur... I still remember the first time I met Steve and I just ran up to him at the airport and hugged him! haha Ok enough sentiment. I love you. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...