Disclaimer: This post is not to be read in a COMPLAINING manner... it is not that way.. these are just thoughts I have been thinking about lately! okay... now....
I have realized that I have really taken my body for granted. I mean... even the little things. To be able to do even the simplest things now a days turns into quite a challenge. I usually need help off the couch (or it takes a little more effort), my balance is shaky, I can't turn over in the middle of the night without waking up because the belly is so heavy, I seem to walk much differently and it has caused certain muscles to hurt, no position is comfortable (whether it be sitting, standing, laying, walking), putting on a pair of socks is quite difficult or for that matter... even putting on my pants, shaving my legs is becoming quite funny, fitting through spaces that I once fit through is..well..impossible. HAHA... everything is quite different now that I have a little parasite in me. (please don't be offended...I think she is the cutest little parasite ever and I love her with all my heart) BUT.. by definition that is what she is. She seems to take all my food....because I am ALWAYS hungry and I crave foods that I never craved before...sweets for example...I've never really been a sweets girl, until now!
I am not one of those women who hates pregnancy.. I don't, in so many ways it is a beautiful thing! BUT neither am I one of those women who loves it. If I'm speaking honestly..I can't wait to have my body back to myself. I can't wait to be able to go on a nice LONG RUN and really feel my heart pumpin! I can't wait to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and not feel like I am going to pass out.. haha. I can't wait to feel like my insides are not going to rupture because they are so squished! Ah.... what it will be like to have it to myself again.....I know it will be a beautiful thing...besides if I have it to myself that means I will have a beautiful angel little girl to hold in my arms. THIS sounds GREAT to me!! 33 weeks today...only 7 more to go!
Don't take your body for granted....be grateful for all the things you can do with it!
5 comments:
hahaha lauren you are too funny
I might just copy and paste this post to my blog because I'm feeling all the EXACT same things right now!
Well, at least you're laughing about it :) Haha. Love ya girl! You're SO CLOSE!!!!
Oh I gotta see this!!! You made me really feel grateful for my body La Daw Rule :) Love it!!!
hear hear!
ps, can't wait to seeeee yoouuuuuu!!!!
Post a Comment